Wikizdroje:Portál komunity

Z Wikizdroje
Skočit na navigaci Skočit na vyhledávání


Zásady a pravidlá[upraviť]

Pozri: Wikisource:Zásady a pravidlá.


Stránka diela alebo textu je pomenovaná jeho názvom:

  • [[Orol]]

Dve diela s rovnakým názvom sa môžu rozlíšiť menom autora v zátvorke (rozlišovací príznak):

  • [[Orol]]
  • [[Orol (Janko Kráľ)]]


Každé dielo, ak je od známeho autora, by malo byť zaradené minimálne do troch kategórií.

Podľa žánru[upraviť]

Dielo sa zaraďuje do kategórie jedného z hlavných žánrov:

  • [[Kategória:Poézia]] pre veršované diela
  • [[Kategória:Próza]] pre prozaické diela
  • [[Kategória:Dokumenty]] pre neliterárne texty

Podľa autora[upraviť]

Každé dielo, ktoré má známeho autora sa zaraďuje do kategórie podľa mena autora, napríklad:

  • [[Kategória:Janko Kráľ]]

Kategória autora sa ďalej zaraďuje do autorského katalógu, kde sa triedi podľa priezviska:

  • [[Kategória:Autori|Kráľ, Janko]]

Podľa obdobia vzniku[upraviť]

Dielo sa zaraďuje jednoducho podľa roku vzniku, alebo prvého vydania.

  • [[Kategória:1848]] pre texty alebo prejavy z roku 1848.

Wikidata is here![upraviť]

Hey everyone :)

As previously announced we have just enabled interwiki links via Wikidata for Wikisource. This means from now on you no longer have to maintain the links in the Wikitext but can maintain them together with the links for Wikipedia, Commons and Wikivoyage on Wikidata. You will still be able to keep them locally though if you want to. Local interwiki links will overwrite the ones from Wikidata. You do not yet have access to the other data on Wikidata like the date of birth of an author. That will come in a future deployment. I will let you know when I have a date for it.

If you have any questions d:Wikidata:Wikisource is a good first step. It also has a list of people familiar with both Wikisource and Wikidata who are able to help you out. That is also a good place for any issues or bugs you encounter.

I'm really excited to welcome you all to Wikidata! I hope it will become a great help for Wikisource.

Cheers Lydia Pintscher (WMDE) via MediaWiki message delivery (diskusia) 21:07, 14. január 2014 (UTC)

Request for comment on Commons: Should Wikimedia support MP4 video?[upraviť]

I apologize for this message being only in English. Please translate it if needed to help your community.

The Wikimedia Foundation's multimedia team seeks community guidance on a proposal to support the MP4 video format. This digital video standard is used widely around the world to record, edit and watch videos on mobile phones, desktop computers and home video devices. It is also known as H.264/MPEG-4 or AVC.

Supporting the MP4 format would make it much easier for our users to view and contribute video on Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects -- and video files could be offered in dual formats on our sites, so we could continue to support current open formats (WebM and Ogg Theora).

However, MP4 is a patent-encumbered format, and using a proprietary format would be a departure from our current practice of only supporting open formats on our sites -- even though the licenses appear to have acceptable legal terms, with only a small fee required.

We would appreciate your guidance on whether or not to support MP4. Our Request for Comments presents views both in favor and against MP4 support, based on opinions we’ve heard in our discussions with community and team members.

Please join this RfC -- and share your advice.

All users are welcome to participate, whether you are active on Commons, Wikipedia, other Wikimedia project -- or any site that uses content from our free media repository.

You are also welcome to join tomorrow's Office hours chat on IRC, this Thursday, January 16, at 19:00 UTC, if you would like to discuss this project with our team and other community members.

We look forward to a constructive discussion with you, so we can make a more informed decision together on this important topic. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 06:47, 16. január 2014 (UTC)

Access to data in Wikidata[upraviť]

Hey :)

(Sorry for writing in English. I hope someone can translate this for me where necessary.)

Not long ago we enabled language links via Wikidata for Wikisource. This seems to have gone rather smoothly. Thanks to everyone who helped! But as you know this was only the start. What is actually more interesting is access to the data in Wikidata like the date of birth of an author or the year a book was published. We have planned this for February 25th (unless any issues arise). You will then be able to use the data in your articles. I hope this will open up a lot of new opportunities for you.

If you have any questions d:Wikidata:Wikisource is a good place to find help.

Cheers Lydia Pintscher (WMDE) 13:51, 27. január 2014 (UTC)

Universal Language Selector will be enabled by default again on this wiki by 21 February 2014[upraviť]

On January 21 2014 the MediaWiki extension Universal Language Selector (ULS) was disabled on this wiki. A new preference was added for logged-in users to turn on ULS. This was done to prevent slow loading of pages due to ULS webfonts, a behaviour that had been observed by the Wikimedia Technical Operations team on some wikis.

We are now ready to enable ULS again. The temporary preference to enable ULS will be removed. A new checkbox has been added to the Language Panel to enable/disable font delivery. This will be unchecked by default for this wiki, but can be selected at any time by the users to enable webfonts. This is an interim solution while we improve the feature of webfonts delivery.

You can read the announcement and the development plan for more information. Apologies for writing this message only in English. Thank you. Runa

Amendment to the Terms of Use[upraviť]

You can now access the data on Wikidata[upraviť]

Hey folks,

We have just enabled data access to Wikidata for Wikisource (except old-wikisource). This means you can now access data like the date of birth of an author or the ISBN of a book. You can do this in two ways. The first one is a parser function. You can use it like {{#property:capital}} or {{#property:P36}}. The second one is Lua. The documentation for that is at mw:Extension:WikibaseClient/Lua

If you have any questions you will find help at d:Wikidata:Wikisource and its talk page.

I hope you'll use this to do some kick-ass things on Wikisource ;-)

Cheers Lydia Pintscher 19:54, 25. február 2014 (UTC)

Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments[upraviť]

IEG key blue.png

I apologize if this message is not in your language. Please help translate it.

Do you have an idea for a project that could improve your community? Individual Engagement Grants from the Wikimedia Foundation help support individuals and small teams to organize experiments for 6 months. You can get funding to try out your idea for online community organizing, outreach, tool-building, or research to help make Wikizdroje better. In March, we’re looking for new project proposals.

Examples of past Individual Engagement Grant projects:

Proposals are due by 31 March 2014. There are a number of ways to get involved!

Hope to have your participation,

--Siko Bouterse, Head of Individual Engagement Grants, Wikimedia Foundation 19:44, 28. február 2014 (UTC)

Proposed optional changes to Terms of Use amendment[upraviť]

Hello all, in response to some community comments in the discussion on the amendment to the Terms of Use on undisclosed paid editing, we have prepared two optional changes. Please read about these optional changes on Meta wiki and share your comments. If you can (and this is a non english project), please translate this announcement. Thanks! Slaporte (WMF) 21:55, 13. marec 2014 (UTC)

Changes to the default site typography coming soon[upraviť]

This week, the typography on Wikimedia sites will be updated for all readers and editors who use the default "Vector" skin. This change will involve new serif fonts for some headings, small tweaks to body content fonts, text size, text color, and spacing between elements. The schedule is:

  • April 1st: non-Wikipedia projects will see this change live
  • April 3rd: Wikipedias will see this change live

This change is very similar to the "Typography Update" Beta Feature that has been available on Wikimedia projects since November 2013. After several rounds of testing and with feedback from the community, this Beta Feature will be disabled and successful aspects enabled in the default site appearance. Users who are logged in may still choose to use another skin, or alter their personal CSS, if they prefer a different appearance. Local common CSS styles will also apply as normal, for issues with local styles and scripts that impact all users.

For more information:

-- Steven Walling (Product Manager) on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation's User Experience Design team

Wikisource meetup at Wikimania 2014[upraviť]

Wikimania 2014 will be held in London this August and it will be a great opportunity to discuss how to use the recently created Wikisource Community User Group to coordinate and to better promote Wikisource. We would like to invite the participants of each Wikisource language community to showcase the projects has been working in the past year and, of course, learn from each other experiences. See you there? Sign up in the meeting page.
The preceding MassMessage was sent by Micru on behalf of the Wikisource Community User Group.--06:59, 13. máj 2014 (UTC)

Media Viewer[upraviť]

Greetings, my apologies for writing in English.

I wanted to let you know that Media Viewer will be released to this wiki in the coming weeks. Media Viewer allows readers of Wikimedia projects to have an enhanced view of files without having to visit the file page, but with more detail than a thumbnail. You can try Media Viewer out now by turning it on in your Beta Features. If you do not enjoy Media Viewer or if it interferes with your work after it is turned on you will be able to disable Media Viewer as well in your preferences. I invite you to share what you think about Media Viewer and how it can be made better in the future.

Thank you for your time. - Keegan (WMF) 21:29, 23. máj 2014 (UTC)

--This message was sent using MassMessage. Was there an error? Report it!

Media Viewer is now live on this wiki[upraviť]

Media Viewer lets you see images in larger size

Greetings— and sorry for writing in English, please translate if it will help your community,

The Wikimedia Foundation's Multimedia team is happy to announce that Media Viewer was just released on this site today.

Media Viewer displays images in larger size when you click on their thumbnails, to provide a better viewing experience. Users can now view images faster and more clearly, without having to jump to separate pages — and its user interface is more intuitive, offering easy access to full-resolution images and information, with links to the file repository for editing. The tool has been tested extensively across all Wikimedia wikis over the past six months as a Beta Feature and has been released to the largest Wikipedias, all language Wikisources, and the English Wikivoyage already.

If you do not like this feature, you can easily turn it off by clicking on "Disable Media Viewer" at the bottom of the screen, pulling up the information panel (or in your your preferences) whether you have an account or not. Learn more in this Media Viewer Help page.

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments about Media Viewer. You are invited to share your feedback in this discussion on in any language, to help improve this feature. You are also welcome to take this quick survey in English, en français, o español.

We hope you enjoy Media Viewer. Many thanks to all the community members who helped make it possible. - Fabrice Florin (WMF) (talk) 21:54, 19. jún 2014 (UTC)

--This message was sent using MassMessage. Was there an error? Report it!

Letter petitioning WMF to reverse recent decisions[upraviť]

The Wikimedia Foundation recently created a new feature, "superprotect" status. The purpose is to prevent pages from being edited by elected administrators -- but permitting WMF staff to edit them. It has been put to use in only one case: to protect the deployment of the Media Viewer software on German Wikipedia, in defiance of a clear decision of that community to disable the feature by default, unless users decide to enable it.

If you oppose these actions, please add your name to this letter. If you know non-Wikimedians who support our vision for the free sharing of knowledge, and would like to add their names to the list, please ask them to sign an identical version of the letter on

-- JurgenNL (talk) 17:35, 21. august 2014 (UTC)

Process ideas for software development[upraviť]

’’My apologies for writing in English.’’


I am notifying you that a brainstorming session has been started on Meta to help the Wikimedia Foundation increase and better affect community participation in software development across all wiki projects. Basically, how can you be more involved in helping to create features on Wikimedia projects? We are inviting all interested users to voice their ideas on how communities can be more involved and informed in the product development process at the Wikimedia Foundation. It would be very appreciated if you could translate this message to help inform your local communities as well.

I and the rest of my team welcome you to participate. We hope to see you on Meta.

Kind regards, -- Rdicerb (WMF) talk 22:15, 21. august 2014 (UTC)

--This message was sent using MassMessage. Was there an error? Report it!

Grants to improve your project[upraviť]

Apologies for English. Please help translate this message.

Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants program is accepting proposals for funding new experiments from September 1st to 30th. Your idea could improve Wikimedia projects with a new tool or gadget, a better process to support community-building on your wiki, research on an important issue, or something else we haven't thought of yet. Whether you need $200 or $30,000 USD, Individual Engagement Grants can cover your own project development time in addition to hiring others to help you.

Change in renaming process[upraviť]

Part or all of this message may be in English. Please help translate if possible.

-- User:Keegan (WMF) (talk) 16:22, 9. september 2014 (UTC)

Meta RfCs on two new global groups[upraviť]

Hello all,

There are currently requests for comment open on meta to create two new global groups. The first is a group for members of the OTRS permissions queue, which would grant them autopatrolled rights on all wikis except those who opt-out. That proposal can be found at m:Requests for comment/Creation of a global OTRS-permissions user group. The second is a group for Wikimedia Commons admins and OTRS agents to view deleted file pages through the 'viewdeletedfile' right on all wikis except those who opt-out. The second proposal can be found at m:Requests for comment/Global file deletion review.

We would like to hear what you think on both proposals. Both are in English; if you wanted to translate them into your native language that would also be appreciated.

It is possible for individual projects to opt-out, so that users in those groups do not have any additional rights on those projects. To do this please start a local discussion, and if there is consensus you can request to opt-out of either or both at m:Stewards' noticeboard.

Thanks and regards, Ajraddatz (talk) 18:04, 26. október 2014 (UTC)

Global AbuseFilter[upraviť]


AbuseFilter is a MediaWiki extension used to detect likely abusive behavior patterns, like pattern vandalism and spam. In 2013, Global AbuseFilters were enabled on a limited set of wikis including Meta-Wiki,, Wikispecies and (in early 2014) all the "small wikis". Recently, global abuse filters were enabled on "medium sized wikis" as well. These filters are currently managed by stewards on Meta-Wiki and have shown to be very effective in preventing mass spam attacks across Wikimedia projects. However, there is currently no policy on how the global AbuseFilters will be managed although there are proposals. There is an ongoing request for comment on policy governing the use of the global AbuseFilters. In the meantime, specific wikis can opt out of using the global AbuseFilter. These wikis can simply add a request to this list on Meta-Wiki. More details can be found on this page at Meta-Wiki. If you have any questions, feel free to ask on m:Talk:Global AbuseFilter.


PiRSquared17, Glaisher

— 17:34, 14. november 2014 (UTC)

[Global proposal] (všetci) Upravovať stránky[upraviť]

MediaWiki mobile

Hi, this message is to let you know that, on domains like, unregistered users cannot edit. At the Wikimedia Forum, where global configuration changes are normally discussed, a few dozens users propose to restore normal editing permissions on all mobile sites. Please read and comment!

Thanks and sorry for writing in English, Nemo 22:33, 1. marec 2015 (UTC)

Inspire Campaign: Improving diversity, improving content[upraviť]

This March, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas for improving gender diversity on Wikimedia projects. Less than 20% of Wikimedia contributors are women, and many important topics are still missing in our content. We invite all Wikimedians to participate. If you have an idea that could help address this problem, please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 31.

All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive, positive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign and help this project better represent the world’s knowledge!

(Sorry for the English - please translate this message!) MediaWiki message delivery (diskusia) 20:01, 4. marec 2015 (UTC)

SUL finalization update[upraviť]

Hi all,apologies for writing in English, please read this page for important information and an update involving SUL finalization, scheduled to take place in one month. Thanks. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 19:46, 13. marec 2015 (UTC)

Stewards confirmation rules[upraviť]

Hello, I made a proposal on Meta to change the rules for the steward confirmations. Currently consensus to remove is required for a steward to lose his status, however I think it's fairer to the community if every steward needed the consensus to keep. As this is an issue that affects all WMF wikis, I'm sending this notification to let people know & be able to participate. Best regards, --MF-W 16:12, 10. apríl 2015 (UTC)

Nominations are being accepted for 2015 Wikimedia Foundation elections[upraviť]

This is a message from the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee. Translations are available.

Wikimedia Foundation logo - vertical (2012-2016).svg


I am pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections. This year the Board and the FDC Staff are looking for a diverse set of candidates from regions and projects that are traditionally under-represented on the board and in the movement as well as candidates with experience in technology, product or finance. To this end they have published letters describing what they think is needed and, recognizing that those who know the community the best are the community themselves, the election committee is accepting nominations for community members you think should run and will reach out to those nominated to provide them with information about the job and the election process.

This year, elections are being held for the following roles:

Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is the decision-making body that is ultimately responsible for the long term sustainability of the Foundation, so we value wide input into its selection. There are three positions being filled. More information about this role can be found at the board elections page.

Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)
The Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) makes recommendations about how to allocate Wikimedia movement funds to eligible entities. There are five positions being filled. More information about this role can be found at the FDC elections page.

Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) Ombud
The FDC Ombud receives complaints and feedback about the FDC process, investigates complaints at the request of the Board of Trustees, and summarizes the investigations and feedback for the Board of Trustees on an annual basis. One position is being filled. More information about this role can be found at the FDC Ombudsperson elections page.

The candidacy submission phase lasts from 00:00 UTC April 20 to 23:59 UTC May 5 for the Board and from 00:00 UTCApril 20 to 23:59 UTC April 30 for the FDC and FDC Ombudsperson. This year, we are accepting both self-nominations and nominations of others. More information on this election and the nomination process can be found on the 2015 Wikimedia elections page on Meta-Wiki.

Please feel free to post a note about the election on your project's village pump. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the talk page on Meta, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-elections -at-

On behalf of the Elections Committee,
-Gregory Varnum (User:Varnent)
Coordinator, 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, 05:03, 21 April 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet help

Wikimedia Foundation Funds Dissemination Committee elections 2015[upraviť]

Wikimedia Foundation RGB logo with text.svg

This is a message from the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee. Translations are available.

Voting has begun for eligible voters in the 2015 elections for the Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) and FDC Ombudsperson. Questions and discussion with the candidates for the Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) and FDC Ombudsperson will continue during the voting. Nominations for the Board of Trustees will be accepted until 23:59 UTC May 5.

The Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) makes recommendations about how to allocate Wikimedia movement funds to eligible entities. There are five positions on the committee being filled.

The FDC Ombudsperson receives complaints and feedback about the FDC process, investigates complaints at the request of the Board of Trustees, and summarizes the investigations and feedback for the Board of Trustees on an annual basis. One position is being filled.

The voting phase lasts from 00:00 UTC May 3 to 23:59 UTC May 10. Click here to vote. Questions and discussion with the candidates will continue during that time. Click here to ask the FDC candidates a question. Click here to ask the FDC Ombudsperson candidates a question. More information on the candidates and the elections can be found on the 2015 FDC election page, the 2015 FDC Ombudsperson election page, and the 2015 Board election page on Meta-Wiki.

On behalf of the Elections Committee,
-Gregory Varnum (User:Varnent)
Volunteer Coordinator, 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery 03:45, 4 May 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet help

Wikidata: Access to data from arbitrary items is coming[upraviť]

(Sorry for writing in English)

When using data from Wikidata on Wikipedia and other sister projects, there is currently a limitation in place that hinders some use cases: data can only be accessed from the corresponding item. So, for example, the Wikipedia article about Berlin can only get data from the Wikidata item about Berlin but not from the item about Germany. This had technical reasons. We are now removing this limitation. It is already done for French Wikisource and Dutch Wikipedia. Your project is one of the next ones:

  • 18. May: Farsi Wikipedia, English Wikivoyage, Hebrew Wikipedia
  • 1. June: Italian Wikipedia, all remaining Wikisource

We hope to have it rolled out nearly everywhere by the end of June 2015.

We invite you to play around with this new feature if you are one of the people who have been waiting for this for a long time. If you have technical issues/questions with this you can come to d:Wikidata:Contact the development team.

A note of caution: Please be careful with how many items you use for a single page. If it is too many pages, loading might get slow. We will have to see how the feature behaves in production to see where we need to tweak and how.

How to use it, once it is enabled:

Cheers Lydia Pintscher 15:19, 13. máj 2015 (UTC)

Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections 2015[upraviť]

Wikimedia Foundation logo - vertical (2012-2016).svg

This is a message from the 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee. Translations are available.

Voting has begun for eligible voters in the 2015 elections for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. Questions and discussion with the candidates for the Board will continue during the voting.

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees is the ultimate governing authority of the Wikimedia Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization registered in the United States. The Wikimedia Foundation manages many diverse projects such as Wikipedia and Commons.

The voting phase lasts from 00:00 UTC May 17 to 23:59 UTC May 31. Click here to vote. More information on the candidates and the elections can be found on the 2015 Board election page on Meta-Wiki.

On behalf of the Elections Committee,
-Gregory Varnum (User:Varnent)
Volunteer Coordinator, 2015 Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery 17:20, 17 May 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet help

Wikidata: Access to data from arbitrary items is here[upraviť]

Pywikibot compat will no longer be supported - Please migrate to pywikibot core[upraviť]

Sorry for English, I hope someone translates this.
Pywikibot (then "Pywikipediabot") was started back in 2002. In 2007 a new branch (formerly known as "rewrite", now called "core") was started from scratch using the MediaWiki API. The developers of Pywikibot have decided to stop supporting the compat version of Pywikibot due to bad performance and architectural errors that make it hard to update, compared to core. If you are using pywikibot compat it is likely your code will break due to upcoming MediaWiki API changes (e.g. T101524). It is highly recommended you migrate to the core framework. There is a migration guide, and please contact us if you have any problem.

There is an upcoming MediaWiki API breaking change that compat will not be updated for. If your bot's name is in this list, your bot will most likely break.

Thank you,
The Pywikibot development team, 19:30, 5 June 2015 (UTC)


22:00, 19. jún 2015 (UTC)

Proposal to create PNG thumbnails of static GIF images[upraviť]

The thumbnail of this gif is of really bad quality.
How a PNG thumb of this GIF would look like

There is a proposal at the Commons Village Pump requesting feedback about the thumbnails of static GIF images: It states that static GIF files should have their thumbnails created in PNG. The advantages of PNG over GIF would be visible especially with GIF images using an alpha channel. (compare the thumbnails on the side)

This change would affect all wikis, so if you support/oppose or want to give general feedback/concerns, please post them to the proposal page. Thank you. --McZusatz (talk) & MediaWiki message delivery (diskusia) 05:07, 24. júl 2015 (UTC)

What does a Healthy Community look like to you?[upraviť]

Community Health Cover art News portal.png

The Community Engagement department at the Wikimedia Foundation has launched a new learning campaign. The WMF wants to record community impressions about what makes a healthy online community. Share your views and/or create a drawing and take a chance to win a Wikimania 2016 scholarship! Join the WMF as we begin a conversation about Community Health. Contribute a drawing or answer the questions on the campaign's page.

Why get involved?[upraviť]

The world is changing. The way we relate to knowledge is transforming. As the next billion people come online, the Wikimedia movement is working to bring more users on the wiki projects. The way we interact and collaborate online are key to building sustainable projects. How accessible are Wikimedia projects to newcomers today? Are we helping each other learn?
Share your views on this matter that affects us all!
We invite everyone to take part in this learning campaign. Wikimedia Foundation will distribute one Wikimania Scholarship 2016 among those participants who are eligible.

More information[upraviť]

Happy editing!

MediaWiki message delivery (diskusia) 23:42, 31. júl 2015 (UTC)

How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?[upraviť]

My apologies for posting this message in English. Please help translate it if you can.


The Wikimedia Foundation would like your feedback about how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants, to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project. Ways to participate:

Feedback is welcome in any language.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) through MediaWiki message delivery. 23:08, 18. august 2015 (UTC)

Introducing the Wikimedia public policy site[upraviť]

Hi all,

We are excited to introduce a new Wikimedia Public Policy site. The site includes resources and position statements on access, copyright, censorship, intermediary liability, and privacy. The site explains how good public policy supports the Wikimedia projects, editors, and mission.

Visit the public policy portal:

Please help translate the statements on Meta Wiki. You can read more on the Wikimedia blog.


Yana and Stephen (Talk) 18:12, 2. september 2015 (UTC)

(Sent with the Global message delivery system)

Open call for Individual Engagement Grants[upraviť]

My apologies for posting this message in English. Please help translate it if you can.

Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants program is accepting proposals until September 29th to fund new tools, community-building processes, and other experimental ideas that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), Individual Engagement Grants can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.


I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation. 20:52, 4. september 2015 (UTC)

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) through MediaWiki message delivery.

Only one week left for Individual Engagement Grant proposals![upraviť]

(Apologies for using English below, please help translate if you are able.)

There is still one week left to submit Individual Engagement Grant (IEG) proposals before the September 29th deadline. If you have ideas for new tools, community-building processes, and other experimental projects that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers, start your proposal today! Please encourage others who have great ideas to apply as well. Support is available if you want help turning your idea into a grant request.

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources 21:02, 22. september 2015 (UTC)

Reimagining WMF grants report[upraviť]

(My apologies for using English here, please help translate if you are able.)

Last month, we asked for community feedback on a proposal to change the structure of WMF grant programs. Thanks to the 200+ people who participated! A report on what we learned and changed based on this consultation is now available.

Come read about the findings and next steps as WMF’s Community Resources team begins to implement changes based on your feedback. Your questions and comments are welcome on the outcomes discussion page.

With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 16:56, 28. september 2015 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey[upraviť]

Community Tech Team via MediaWiki message delivery (diskusia) 21:58, 9. november 2015 (UTC)

Wikimania 2016 scholarships ambassadors needed[upraviť]

Hello! Wikimania 2016 scholarships will soon be open; by the end of the week we'll form the committee and we need your help, see Scholarship committee for details.

If you want to carefully review nearly a thousand applications in January, you might be a perfect committee member. Otherwise, you can volunteer as "ambassador": you will observe all the committee activities, ensure that people from your language or project manage to apply for a scholarship, translate scholarship applications written in your language to English and so on. Ambassadors are allowed to ask for a scholarship, unlike committee members.

Wikimania 2016 scholarships subteam 10:48, 10. november 2015 (UTC)

Konferencia Wikizdrojov 2015[upraviť]

Tento víkend sa vo Viedni uskutoční prvá, medzinárodná Konferencia Wikizdrojov (meta:Wikisource Community User Group/Wikisource Conference 2015). Z Wikimedie SK sa konferencie zúčastním ja, ako predseda. Témami mojej účasti bude:

  • význam Wikizdrojov pre šírenie kultúry
  • konkurenčná výhoda Wikizdrojov oproti podobným službám
  • spolužitie a spolupráca s verejnými inštitúciami (napr. Slovenská národná knižnica) a komerčnými subjektami (napr. Zlatý fond)
  • rozvoj Wikizdrojov s malou jazykovou komunitou (so špeciálnym zameraním na Wikizdroje v rusínčine)

Okrem iného sa zameriam na možnosti ako obohatiť slovenské Wikizdroje z národného projektu DIKDA. O konferencii som informoval aj Slovenskú národnú knižnicu ale medzi účastníkmi ich nevidím.

Keďže nie som aktívny prispievateľ na žiadne Wikizdroje, moja účasť má pomôcť na organizačnej úrovni, hlavne teda ako by Wikimedia SK mohla pomôcť Wikizdrojom relevantným pre Slovensko. Tiež uvítam vaše pripomienky (prosím, napíšte mi epoštu, tú budem mať možnosť kontrolovať).

Moju účasť na konferencii môžte sledovať aj na Trelle: --KuboF Hromoslav (diskusia) 20:19, 17. november 2015 (UTC)

Harassment consultation[upraviť]

Pomôžte prosím s prekladom do svojho jazyka

The Community Advocacy team the Wikimedia Foundation has opened a consultation on the topic of harassment on Meta. The consultation period is intended to run for one month from today, November 16, and end on December 17. Please share your thoughts there on harassment-related issues facing our communities and potential solutions. (Note: this consultation is not intended to evaluate specific cases of harassment, but rather to discuss the problem of harassment itself.)

Regards, Community Advocacy, Wikimedia Foundation

Your input requested on the proposed #FreeBassel banner campaign[upraviť]

This is a message regarding the proposed 2015 Free Bassel banner. Translations are available.

Hi everyone,

This is to inform all Wikimedia contributors that a straw poll seeking your involvement has just been started on Meta-Wiki.

As some of your might be aware, a small group of Wikimedia volunteers have proposed a banner campaign informing Wikipedia readers about the urgent situation of our fellow Wikipedian, open source software developer and Creative Commons activist, Bassel Khartabil. An exemplary banner and an explanatory page have now been prepared, and translated into about half a dozen languages by volunteer translators.

We are seeking your involvement to decide if the global Wikimedia community approves starting a banner campaign asking Wikipedia readers to call on the Syrian government to release Bassel from prison. We understand that a campaign like this would be unprecedented in Wikipedia's history, which is why we're seeking the widest possible consensus among the community.

Given Bassel's urgent situation and the resulting tight schedule, we ask everyone to get involved with the poll and the discussion to the widest possible extent, and to promote it among your communities as soon as possible.

(Apologies for writing in English; please kindly translate this message into your own language.)

Thank you for your participation!

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery 21:47, 25 November 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet help

Community Wishlist Survey[upraviť]

MediaWiki message delivery (diskusia) 14:38, 1. december 2015 (UTC)

Menný priestor Autor[upraviť]

Neviem, či tu vôbec ešte niekto je, no aj tak sa opýtam: Čo založiť menný priestor Autor? Poslúžilo by to k zakladaní interwiki. Pri súčasnej existencii približne 50 autorských kategórií by som tých 50 autorských stránok podľa vzoru českých Wikizdrojov zvládol vytvoriť aj sám.

Pokiaľ nikto nebude proti povedzme do dvoch týždňov, požiadal by som o založenie menného priestoru vývojárov.

Vďaka za reakcie. --Okino (diskusia) 14:12, 4. december 2015 (UTC)

Tady v podstatě nikdo kromě mě není ;-) a já s tím samozřejmě souhlasím, mám to beztak ve svém plánu údržby tohoto projektu.
Danny B. 03:11, 9. december 2015 (UTC)
Prima. Když už ses tedy ozval jako jediný, kdo tu je ;-), a navíc jsi správce - můžeš se podívat na stránky s návrhem na smazání? Jsou tam některé leta nevyřešené věci. Dík. Totiž: Ďakujem. :-) --Okino (diskusia) 11:33, 9. december 2015 (UTC)

Get involved in Wikipedia 15![upraviť]

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.

International-Space-Station wordmark blue.svg

As many of you know, January 15 is Wikipedia’s 15th Birthday!

People around the world are getting involved in the celebration and have started adding their events on Meta Page. While we are celebrating Wikipedia's birthday, we hope that all projects and affiliates will be able to utilize this celebration to raise awareness of our community's efforts.

Haven’t started planning? Don’t worry, there’s lots of ways to get involved. Here are some ideas:

Everything is linked on the Wikipedia 15 Meta page. You’ll find a set of ten data visualization works that you can show at your events, and a list of all the Wikipedia 15 logos that community members have already designed.

If you have any questions, please contact Zachary McCune or Joe Sutherland.

Thanks and Happy nearly Wikipedia 15!
-The Wikimedia Foundation Communications team

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery, 20:58, 18. december 2015 (UTC) • Pomôžte prosím s prekladom do svojho jazykaPomoc

Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon![upraviť]

Pomôžte prosím s prekladom do svojho jazyka

A reminder - applications for scholarships for Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy, are closing soon! Please get your applications in by January 9th. To apply, visit the page below:

Patrick Earley (WMF) via MediaWiki message delivery (diskusia) 01:49, 5. január 2016 (UTC)

2016 WMF Strategy consultation[upraviť]

Pomôžte prosím s prekladom do svojho jazyka

Hello, all.

The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) has launched a consultation to help create and prioritize WMF strategy beginning July 2016 and for the 12 to 24 months thereafter. This consultation will be open, on Meta, from 18 January to 26 February, after which the Foundation will also use these ideas to help inform its Annual Plan. (More on our timeline can be found on that Meta page.)

Your input is welcome (and greatly desired) at the Meta discussion, 2016 Strategy/Community consultation.

Apologies for English, where this is posted on a non-English project. We thought it was more important to get the consultation translated as much as possible, and good headway has been made there in some languages. There is still much to do, however! We created m:2016 Strategy/Translations to try to help coordinate what needs translation and what progress is being made. :)

If you have questions, please reach out to me on my talk page or on the strategy consultation's talk page or by email to

I hope you'll join us! Maggie Dennis via MediaWiki message delivery (diskusia) 19:06, 18. január 2016 (UTC)

Server switch 2016[upraviť]

The Wikimedia Foundation will be testing its newest data center in Dallas. This will make sure Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to conduct a planned test. This test will show whether they can reliably switch from one data center to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.

They will switch all traffic to the new data center on Tuesday, 19 April.
On Thursday, 21 April, they will switch back to the primary data center.

Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop during those two switches. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.

You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.

  • You will not be able to edit for approximately 15 to 30 minutes on Tuesday, 19 April and Thursday, 21 April, starting at 14:00 UTC (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT).

If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.

Other effects:

  • Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped.

Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.

  • There will be a code freeze for the week of 18 April.

No non-essential code deployments will take place.

This test was originally planned to take place on March 22. April 19th and 21st are the new dates. You can read the schedule at They will post any changes on that schedule. There will be more notifications about this. Please share this information with your community. /User:Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 21:08, 17. apríl 2016 (UTC)


Hi. I can see that this project has old JavaScript that needs to be updated. I would happily make the required updates myself, but I would have to – at least temporarily – become an admin here to do that (because the relevant pages are in the MediaWiki namespace). I have already made these updates on a number of other projects, so it would be very easy for me to do this. If no one does anything, some JavaScript-related tools will break later this year. If you want me to make these updates, you can grant me admin rights and I will make the updates as soon as I can. Nirmos (diskusia) 16:28, 6. jún 2016 (UTC)


Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 18:03, 9. august 2016 (UTC)

Bot policy[upraviť]

Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable), which form the vast majority of such requests. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots.

This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement it soon if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests.
--MarcoAurelio (diskusia) 14:35, 17. august 2016 (UTC)


Birgit Müller (WMDE) 12. 9. 2016, 15:08 (UTC)

Grants to improve your project[upraviť]

Pomôžte prosím s prekladom do svojho jazyka:

Greetings! The Project Grants program is currently accepting proposals for funding. There is just over a week left to submit before the October 11 deadline. If you have ideas for software, offline outreach, research, online community organizing, or other projects that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers, start your proposal today! Please encourage others who have great ideas to apply as well. Support is available if you want help turning your idea into a grant request.

I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 30. 9. 2016, 20:11 (UTC)

Creative Commons 4.0[upraviť]

Hello! I'm writing from the Wikimedia Foundation to invite you to give your feedback on a proposed move from CC BY-SA 3.0 to a CC BY-SA 4.0 license across all Wikimedia projects. The consultation will run from October 5 to November 8, and we hope to receive a wide range of viewpoints and opinions. Please, if you are interested, take part in the discussion on Meta-Wiki.

Apologies that this message is only in English. This message can be read and translated in more languages here. Joe Sutherland (talk) 6. 10. 2016, 01:35 (UTC)

Password reset[upraviť]

I apologise that this message is in English. ⧼Centralnotice-shared-help-translate⧽

We are having a problem with attackers taking over wiki accounts with privileged user rights (for example, admins, bureaucrats, oversighters, checkusers). It appears that this may be because of weak or reused passwords.

Community members are working along with members of multiple teams at the Wikimedia Foundation to address this issue.

In the meantime, we ask that everyone takes a look at the passwords they have chosen for their wiki accounts. If you know that you've chosen a weak password, or if you've chosen a password that you are using somewhere else, please change those passwords.

Select strong passwords – eight or more characters long, and containing letters, numbers, and punctuation. Joe Sutherland (diskusia) / MediaWiki message delivery (diskusia) 23:59, 13. november 2016 (UTC)

Adding to the above section (Password reset)[upraviť]

Please accept my apologies - that first line should read "Help with translations!". Joe Sutherland (WMF) (talk) / MediaWiki message delivery (diskusia) 00:11, 14. november 2016 (UTC)

New way to edit wikitext[upraviť]

James Forrester (Product Manager, Editing department, Wikimedia Foundation) --19:31, 14. december 2016 (UTC)

Document about Torysky people resettlement in Ukraine[upraviť]

Hi! In Ukrainian Wikisources we translated CIA document about resettlement people of Torysky (Prešovský kraj) in Ukraine in 1947 year. It could be interesting for your community also. Links: document on Storage, translated text (in web commentaries its Index contains also corrected English original and formatting) Artem.komisarenko (diskusia) 16:19, 12. február 2017 (UTC)

Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[upraviť]

Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. Message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.

The Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. For 15 years, Wikimedians have worked together to build the largest free knowledge resource in human history. During this time, we've grown from a small group of editors to a diverse network of editors, developers, affiliates, readers, donors, and partners. Today, we are more than a group of websites. We are a movement rooted in values and a powerful vision: all knowledge for all people. As a movement, we have an opportunity to decide where we go from here.

This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve. We hope to design an inclusive process that makes space for everyone: editors, community leaders, affiliates, developers, readers, donors, technology platforms, institutional partners, and people we have yet to reach. There will be multiple ways to participate including on-wiki, in private spaces, and in-person meetings. You are warmly invited to join and make your voice heard.

The immediate goal is to have a strategic direction by Wikimania 2017 to help frame a discussion on how we work together toward that strategic direction.

Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Beginning with this message, monthly reviews of these updates will be sent to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.

Here is a review of the updates that have been sent so far:

More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.

Posted by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation, 20:31, 15. február 2017 (UTC) • Pomôžte prosím s prekladom do svojho jazykaGet help

Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[upraviť]

Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.

As we mentioned last month, the Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve.

Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Each month, we are sending overviews of these updates to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.

Here is a overview of the updates that have been sent since our message last month:

More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.

Posted by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation, 19:43, 9. marec 2017 (UTC) • Pomôžte prosím s prekladom do svojho jazykaGet help

We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)[upraviť]

05:09, 18. marec 2017 (UTC)

Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections[upraviť]

Please accept our apologies for cross-posting this message. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.

Wikimedia-logo black.svg

On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, I am pleased to announce that self-nominations are being accepted for the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Elections.

The Board of Trustees (Board) is the decision-making body that is ultimately responsible for the long-term sustainability of the Wikimedia Foundation, so we value wide input into its selection. More information about this role can be found on Meta-Wiki. Please read the letter from the Board of Trustees calling for candidates.

The candidacy submission phase will last from April 7 (00:00 UTC) to April 20 (23:59 UTC).

We will also be accepting questions to ask the candidates from April 7 to April 20. You can submit your questions on Meta-Wiki.

Once the questions submission period has ended on April 20, the Elections Committee will then collate the questions for the candidates to respond to beginning on April 21.

The goal of this process is to fill the three community-selected seats on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. The election results will be used by the Board itself to select its new members.

The full schedule for the Board elections is as follows. All dates are inclusive, that is, from the beginning of the first day (UTC) to the end of the last.

  • April 7 (00:00 UTC) – April 20 (23:59 UTC) – Board nominations
  • April 7 – April 20 – Board candidates questions submission period
  • April 21 – April 30 – Board candidates answer questions
  • May 1 – May 14 – Board voting period
  • May 15–19 – Board vote checking
  • May 20 – Board result announcement goal

In addition to the Board elections, we will also soon be holding elections for the following roles:

  • Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)
    • There are five positions being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.
  • Funds Dissemination Committee Ombudsperson (Ombuds)
    • One position is being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.

Please note that this year the Board of Trustees elections will be held before the FDC and Ombuds elections. Candidates who are not elected to the Board are explicitly permitted and encouraged to submit themselves as candidates to the FDC or Ombuds positions after the results of the Board elections are announced.

More information on this year's elections can be found on Meta-Wiki. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the election talk page on Meta-Wiki, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-elections(at)

On behalf of the Election Committee,
Katie Chan, Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee
Joe Sutherland, Community Advocate, Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, 03:36, 7. apríl 2017 (UTC) • Pomôžte prosím s prekladom do svojho jazykaGet help

Read-only mode for 20 to 30 minutes on 19 April and 3 May[upraviť]

MediaWiki message delivery (diskusia) 17:33, 11. apríl 2017 (UTC)

Voting has begun in 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections[upraviť]

Beta Feature Two Column Edit Conflict View[upraviť]

Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:41, 8. máj 2017 (UTC)


Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:44, 16. máj 2017 (UTC)

Join the next cycle of Wikimedia movement strategy discussions (underway until June 12)[upraviť]

21:09, 16. máj 2017 (UTC)

Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Funds Dissemination Committee elections[upraviť]

21:05, 23. máj 2017 (UTC)

Improved search in deleted pages archive[upraviť]

Pomôžte prosím s prekladom do svojho jazyka

During Wikimedia Hackathon 2016, the Discovery team worked on one of the items on the 2015 community wishlist, namely enabling searching the archive of deleted pages. This feature is now ready for production deployment, and will be enabled on all wikis, except Wikidata.

Right now, the feature is behind a feature flag - to use it on your wiki, please go to the Special:Undelete page, and add &fuzzy=1 to the URL, like this: Then search for the pages you're interested in. There should be more results than before, due to using ElasticSearch indexing (via the CirrusSearch extension).

We plan to enable this improved search by default on all wikis soon (around August 1, 2017). If you have any objections to this - please raise them with the Discovery team via email or on this announcement's discussion page. Like most Mediawiki configuration parameters, the functionality can be configured per wiki. Once the improved search becomes the default, you can still access the old mode using &fuzzy=0 in the URL, like this:

Please note that since Special:Undelete is an admin-only feature, this search capability is also only accessible to wiki admins.

Ďakujeme CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 18:40, 25. júl 2017 (UTC)

Accessible editing buttons[upraviť]

--Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 16:56, 27. júl 2017 (UTC)

Návrh nového dizajnu Hlavnej stránky[upraviť]

Predkladám komunite návrh na zmenu dizajnu Hlavnej stránky. Kompletná podoba je na Lišiak/Návrh Hlavnej stránky (môžete do stránky priamo zasahovať pokiaľ to uznáte za potrebné pre ilustráciu argumentu a pod.). Ide o dizajn prebraný z anglických Wikizdrojov/Wikisource, mierne prispôsobený na tunajšie pomery.

Z hľadiska vizuálnej stránky obsahuje:

  • Hlavička so základnými odkazmi vpravo, tri z nich už v hlavičke boli, pridal som odkaz na Embassy a Zásady a pravidlá.
  • Odporúčaný text – obdobne ako súčasné umiestnenie vybraného textu s tým rozdielom, že pred úryvkom textu je úvod so základnými informáciami.
  • Vybraný autor – inšpirované českými Wikizdrojmi, vybraný autor, stručná informácia o ňom a odkaz na kategóriu s jeho dielami.
  • Komunita – základné odkazy, tak ako v aktuálnej podobe.
  • Naposledy pridané texty – inšpirované anglickými Wikizdrojmi, hoci tam to je automatizovanejšie a pridávajú sa len hotové texty. Eventuálne možno nahradiť vybranými textami (napr. vybrať niekoľko najlepších, okrem už odporúčaného textu).
  • Katalóg – zatiaľ veľmi stručný, s rozšírením Wikizdrojov bude možno rozšíriť (na úkor naposledy pridaných textov); rozdelené na autorov, kde sú uvedení tí s najvyšším počtom textov (vhodnejšie by ich bolo ale roztriediť do podkategórií) a do žánrov, kde sú ako základné poézia, piesne, próza, korešpondencia, dokumenty a právne predpisy; vhodnejšie by bolo riešiť cez strom kategórií, ale takéto provizórne riešenie je zhodné s aktuálnym (vypustené boli prázdne kategórie náboženské texty a knihy a kat. prejavy, ktorá spadá pod dokumenty).
  • Aktuality – najnovšie zmeny na Wikizdrojoch, celá chronológia môže byť zahrnutá do Portálu komunity a odkázané naň odkazom.
  • Nadácia Wikimedia resp. sesterské projekty.

Jednotlivé súčasti sú vložené pomocou šablón, po vzore anglických Wikizdrojov.

Vopred ďakujem za pripomienky, návrhy a podnety.--Lišiak (diskusia) 18:43, 21. august 2017 (UTC)

Mne sa to páči, kľudne by som to vymenil. Myslím, že nikto iný to tu asi ani nesleduje. --Wizzard (diskusia) 20:54, 24. august 2017 (UTC)
Mýlíte se. Jediný, kdo do slovenských Wikizdrojů periodicky přispívá (a zabraňuje tak mimo jiné jejich zavření z důvodu neaktivity) jsem já. A já jsem také Lišiaka požádal, aby návrh dal k projednání, neboť v něm je řada problémů a nedodělků. Revertoval jsem to. Postupně sem napíšu připomínky, teď bohužel musím řešit vaše hromadná porušení autorských práv a další zbrklosti...
Danny B. 10:47, 26. august 2017 (UTC)
Milý kolega, nabudúce sa prosím zdrž takých obvinení ako porušenie autorských práv, keďže ti musí byť jasné, že je to somarina a musíš vedieť, ako je to s autorskými právami na Wikiprojektoch. Pôsobím na wiki nejakých 12 rokov, prebral som x šablón z cs alebo en a nikoho nikdy nenapadlo obviniť ma z nejakého porušovania. Musím konštatovať, že nerozumiem tvojej motivácii a prečo nechceš ani vysvetliť čo, čo si tu popísal. To čo tu predvádzaš, vyzerá ako obyčajné trollovanie, nemôžem si pomôcť. Ozaj, a vymazal som niektoré nepotrebné šabĺóny, ktoré som prebral, lebo nakoniec nie sú potrebné. Som zvedavý na tvoje dôvody proti tomuto návrhu, ak sa ich vôbec dočkám. --Wizzard (diskusia) 12:30, 29. august 2017 (UTC)
Díky za předložený návrh. Mám k němu řadu připomínek, které sem v dohledné době vložím, eventuálně ty věci opravím rovnou.
Danny B. 10:49, 26. august 2017 (UTC)

Pár prvních připomínek:

  • Kód:
    1. Statické části jsou vkládány šablonou. To je zcela zbytečné. Mají zůstat přímo v kódu stránky.
    2. Kód je na mnoha místech sémanticky chybný.
    3. Kód není validní.
  • Vzhled:
    1. Zvolená barevná kombinace odporuje pravidlům přístupnosti, a to i jejich nejbenevolentnější části.
    2. Při zúžení viewportu se zužují "sloupce", čímž se postupně některé části stávají nepoužitelné, neboť se v nich překrývá text, eventuálně z nich vytéká ven. Celý layout se navíc zcela rozpadá.
  • Obsah:
    1. Příliš mnoho dynamických součástí. Na stávající hlavní straně je vidět, že se o jejich aktualizaci prakticky nikdo nestaral. A vzhledem k historii tohoto projektu silně pochybuji, že kdy kdo bude. Byla zmíněna inspirace anglickými Wikizdroji - bylo by tedy dobré si uvědomit, že tam mají nepoměrně vyšší počet aktivních uživatelů, kteří jsou s to natolik dynamickou hlavní stranu stále dostatečně udržovat.
      • Takže části Aktuality a Naposledy pridané texty brzy zastarají, neboť jejich udržování není v místních silách, a budou pak jen pro ostudu.
      • Vybraný autor by se třeba od nového roku mohl udělat měsíčně (máme to tak i na cs, kde nás je více).
      • Vybraný text je poněkud ošemetná záležitost - kterou část textu (celý se sem samozřejmě dát nedá) vybírat a proč? Jak dlouhou? Atd. Z těchto důvodů jsme to na cs zavrhli.
    2. Příliš mnoho informací obecně, některé duplikované. Hlavní strana nemá návštěvníka zahltit množstvím detailních informací, ale rychle, jasně a přehledně ho navigovat do míst, kde si ty podrobnosti zjistí.

Jsou to nejdůležitější položky, je toho však celkově více. Některé zmiňované věci jsou problematické samozřejmě i na současné hlavní straně, nicméně to neznamená, že se mají přebírat dále.

Jinak jsem toho názoru, že v situaci, kdy jsou zde základní a klíčové nedostatky v řadě jiných, mnohem důležitějších oblastí, je zabývání se hlavní stranou, která v současné době není v nijak kritickém stavu, nadbytečný luxus zbytečně odčerpávající zdroje, které by se naopak měly věnovat na řešení podstatnějších záležitostí. (Mimo jiné i proto, že vyřešení některých z nich následně umožní mít na hlavní straně položky, které by se tam hodily, ale nyní je tam nelze vložit.)

Danny B. 12:27, 3. september 2017 (UTC)

Licencia Creative Commons Attribution no Derivatives[upraviť]

Vzhľadom na povahu projektu Wikizdroje možno v licenčnej politike Wikizdrojov pripustiť aj licenciu Creative Commons Attribution no Derivatives (CC BY-ND)? Narozdiel od Wikipédie, kde sa zverejnený článok upravuje mnohokrát, do textu zverjeného na Wikizdrojoch nie je nutné zasahovať – jeho znenie sa zverejní a ďalej sa do obsahu textu nezasahuje; zásahy sa týkajú formátovania alebo poznámkového aparátu a pod. Pokiaľ je možné uplatniť CC BY-ND, jednak by to zrejme uľahčilo akvizíciu nových textov (je ľahšie autorov presvedčiť na súhlas, pokiaľ budú mať istotu, že text bude zverejnený len v takej podobe, v akej ho poskytli – pozri diskusiu okolo preberania textov z Encyklopédie astoronómie, kde bolo tlmočené vyjadrenie jedného z autorov, Eduarda Pittricha, že „nepáči sa mu, že môže byť, napríklad aj jeho heslo ľubovolne zmenené a to aj spôsobom, ktorý by nebol korektný“), jednak by to umožnilo na slovenskej Wikipédii vyriešiť vec ohľadne Encyklopédie astronómie a príp. ďalšie podobné prípady, ak sa nejaké vyskytli.

PS: Upozornenie na túto tému bolo zverejnené v diskusii redaktorov na slovenskej Wikipédii, ale vyjadrovanie k téme by malo prebiehať na tomto mieste.--Lišiak (diskusia) 17:56, 22. august 2017 (UTC)

ND licence je na projektech Wikimedia nepřípustná jakožto nesvobodná. Uvědomte si, prosím, že licence ND zakazuje jakoukoliv manipulaci s originálem, při jejím rigidním dodržování by tedy nešlo vložit text jinak, než byl v originále, tj. by jej nešlo naformátovat dle zdejších konvencí, nešlo by do něj vkládat odkazy (pokud by to bylo relevantní - typicky např. v encyklopediích), nešlo by k tomu přiložit doplňkové informace, dokonce by ani nešlo opravit případné překlepy, které v originálu zůstaly. Obrázky by nešlo velikostně upravovat.
Jinak o licenční politice rozhoduje nadace Wikimedia pro všechny projekty centrálně a nelze ji tak lokálně měnit. Můžete tedy vyvolat na Metě žádost o komentář a předložit argumenty, proč by měla být tato licence povolena.
Soukromá poznámka: Možnost ND licence jsem se stakeholdery probíral několikrát, přičemž jedním z mých hlavních argumentů bylo, že Fair Use, které povolené je, je mnohem méně svobodné, než ND. Výsledek byl vždy zhruba takový, že ochota k případné změně by byla, pokud by to bylo podloženo dostatečně masivní komunitní žádostí.
Danny B. 11:02, 26. august 2017 (UTC)
Chápem, vďaka za objasnenie stavu, myslím teda, že je to v tom prípade zbytočné.--Lišiak (diskusia) 21:06, 30. august 2017 (UTC)
Takže nie je možné uverejňovať napr. básne zo zlatého fondu SME? --Wizzard (diskusia) 09:30, 3. september 2017 (UTC)
Nelze. I kdyby se povedlo nějakým způsobem dosáhnout akceptace klauzule ND na projektech Wikimedia, tak tam je navíc klauzule NC, a ta je zcela neprůchodná.
Danny B. 12:43, 3. september 2017 (UTC)

Changes to the global ban policy[upraviť]

Hello. Some changes to the community global ban policy have been proposed. Your comments are welcome at m:Requests for comment/Improvement of global ban policy. Please translate this message to your language, if needed. Cordially. Matiia (Matiia) 00:34, 12. november 2017 (UTC)

New print to pdf feature for mobile web readers[upraviť]

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 22:07, 20. november 2017 (UTC)


Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:53, 7. máj 2018 (UTC)

Update on page issues on mobile web[upraviť]

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 20:58, 12. jún 2018 (UTC)

Global preferences are available[upraviť]

19:19, 10. júl 2018 (UTC)

New user group for editing sitewide CSS / JS[upraviť]

Editing of sitewide CSS/JS is only possible for interface administrators from now[upraviť]

(Pomôžte prosím s prekladom do svojho jazyka)

Hi all,

as announced previously, permission handling for CSS/JS pages has changed: only members of the interface-admin (Správcovia rozhrania) group, and a few highly privileged global groups such as stewards, can edit CSS/JS pages that they do not own (that is, any page ending with .css or .js that is either in the MediaWiki: namespace or is another user's user subpage). This is done to improve the security of readers and editors of Wikimedia projects. More information is available at Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS. If you encounter any unexpected problems, please contact me or file a bug.

Tgr (talk) 12:40, 27. august 2018 (UTC) (via global message delivery)

Read-only mode for up to an hour on 12 September and 10 October[upraviť]

13:33, 6. september 2018 (UTC)

Words hyphenated across pages in Wikisource are now joined[upraviť]

Hi, this is a message by Can da Lua as discussed here for wikisource communities

The ProofreadPage extension can now join together a word that is split between a page and the next.

In the past, when a page was ending with "concat-" and the next page was beginning with "enation", the resulting transclusion would have been "concat- enation", and a special template like d:Q15630535 had to be used to obtain the word "concatenation".

Now the default behavior has changed: the hyphen at the end of a page is suppressed and in this case no space is inserted, so the result of the transclusion will be: "concatenation", without the need of a template. The "joiner" character is defined by default as "-" (the regular hyphen), but it is possible to change this. A template may still be needed to deal with particular cases when the hyphen needs to be preserved.

Please share this information with your community.

MediaWiki message delivery (diskusia) 10:28, 30. september 2018 (UTC)

Change coming to how certain templates will appear on the mobile web[upraviť]

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 19:35, 13. november 2018 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey vote[upraviť]

18:13, 22. november 2018 (UTC)

Advanced Search[upraviť]

Johanna Strodt (WMDE) (talk) 11:03, 26. november 2018 (UTC)

Selection of the Wikisource Community User Group representative to the Wikimedia Summit[upraviť]

Dear all,

Sorry for writing in English and cross-posting this message.

The Wikisource Community User Group could send one representative to the Wikimedia Summit 2019 (formerly "Wikimedia Conference"). The Wikimedia Summit is a yearly conference of all organizations affiliated to the Wikimedia Movement (including our Wikisource Community User Group). It is a great place to talk about Wikisource needs to the chapters and other user groups that compose the Wikimedia movement. For context, there is a short report on what happened last year. The deadline is short and to avoid the confusing vote on the Wikisource-I mailing list of last year, we created a page on meta to decide who will be the representative of the user group to the Wikimedia Summit.

The vote will be in two parts:

  1. until December 7th, people can add their name and a short explanation on who they are and why they want to go to the summit. Nomination of other people is allowed, the nominated person should accept their nomination.
  2. starting December 7th, and for a week, the community vote to designate the representative.

Please feel free to ask any question on the wikisource-I mailing list or on the talk page.

For the Wikisource Community User Group, Tpt (talk) 15:15, 5 December 2018 (UTC)

New Wikimedia password policy and requirements[upraviť]

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 20:03, 6. december 2018 (UTC)

Wikisource Community User Group representative vote[upraviť]

Dear all,

Sorry for writing in English and cross-posting this message.

Following the previous message, the vote for the representative of the Wikisource Community User Group to the Wikimedia Summit 2019 is now open.

There is two great candidates on page on meta to decide who will be the representative of the user group to the Wikimedia Summit. You can support a candidate now. All active Wikisource users can vote. The vote is ending on December 14, 2018.

Feel free to ask any question on the wikisource-I mailing list or on the talk page.


For the Wikisource Community User Group, Tpt (talk) December 8, 2018 at 18:53 (UTC)

Invitation from Wiki Loves Love 2019[upraviť]

Pomôžte prosím s prekladom do svojho jazyka

WLL Subtitled Logo (transparent).svg

Love is an important subject for humanity and it is expressed in different cultures and regions in different ways across the world through different gestures, ceremonies, festivals and to document expression of this rich and beautiful emotion, we need your help so we can share and spread the depth of cultures that each region has, the best of how people of that region, celebrate love.

Wiki Loves Love (WLL) is an international photography competition of Wikimedia Commons with the subject love testimonials happening in the month of February.

The primary goal of the competition is to document love testimonials through human cultural diversity such as monuments, ceremonies, snapshot of tender gesture, and miscellaneous objects used as symbol of love; to illustrate articles in the worldwide free encyclopedia Wikipedia, and other Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) projects.

The theme of 2019 iteration is Celebrations, Festivals, Ceremonies and rituals of love.

Sign up your affiliate or individually at Participants page.

To know more about the contest, check out our Commons Page and FAQs

There are several prizes to grab. Hope to see you spreading love this February with Wiki Loves Love!

Kind regards,

Wiki Loves Love Team

Imagine... the sum of all love!

--MediaWiki message delivery (diskusia) 10:13, 27. december 2018 (UTC)

FileExporter beta feature[upraviť]

Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 09:41, 14. január 2019 (UTC)

No editing for 30 minutes on 17 January[upraviť]

You will not be able to edit the wikis for up to 30 minutes on 17 January 07:00 UTC. This is because of a database problem that has to be fixed immediately. You can still read the wikis. Some wikis are not affected. They don't get this message. You can see which wikis are not affected on this page. Most wikis are affected. The time you can not edit might be shorter than 30 minutes. /Johan (WMF)

18:54, 16. január 2019 (UTC)

Talk to us about talking[upraviť]

Trizek (WMF) 15:01, 21. február 2019 (UTC)

Read-only mode for up to 30 minutes on 11 April[upraviť]

10:56, 8. apríl 2019 (UTC)

Wikimedia Foundation Medium-Term Plan feedback request[upraviť]

Pomôžte prosím s prekladom do svojho jazyka

The Wikimedia Foundation has published a Medium-Term Plan proposal covering the next 3–5 years. We want your feedback! Please leave all comments and questions, in any language, on the talk page, by April 20. Ďakujeme Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 17:35, 12. apríl 2019 (UTC)


Could an admin please review the deletion requests? --Rschen7754 20:14, 27. apríl 2019 (UTC)

IMPORTANT: Admin activity review[upraviť]

Hello. A new policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc) was adopted by global community consensus in 2013. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on smaller wikis. To the best of our knowledge, your wiki does not have a formal process for removing "advanced rights" from inactive accounts. This means that the stewards will take care of this according to the admin activity review.

We have determined that the following users meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for more than 2 years):

  1. AtonX (bureaucrat, administrator)

These users will receive a notification soon, asking them to start a community discussion if they want to retain some or all of their rights. If the users do not respond, then their advanced rights will be removed by the stewards.

However, if you as a community would like to create your own activity review process superseding the global one, want to make another decision about these inactive rights holders, or already have a policy that we missed, then please notify the stewards on Meta-Wiki so that we know not to proceed with the rights review on your wiki. Thanks, Rschen7754 03:33, 19. jún 2019 (UTC)

Update on the consultation about office actions[upraviť]

Hello all,

Last month, the Wikimedia Foundation's Trust & Safety team announced a future consultation about partial and/or temporary office actions. We want to let you know that the draft version of this consultation has now been posted on Meta.

This is a draft. It is not intended to be the consultation itself, which will be posted on Meta likely in early September. Please do not treat this draft as a consultation. Instead, we ask your assistance in forming the final language for the consultation.

For that end, we would like your input over the next couple of weeks about what questions the consultation should ask about partial and temporary Foundation office action bans and how it should be formatted. Please post it on the draft talk page. Our goal is to provide space for the community to discuss all the aspects of these office actions that need to be discussed, and we want to ensure with your feedback that the consultation is presented in the best way to encourage frank and constructive conversation.

Please visit the consultation draft on Meta-wiki and leave your comments on the draft’s talk page about what the consultation should look like and what questions it should ask.

Thank you for your input! -- The Trust & Safety team 08:03, 16. august 2019 (UTC)

New tools and IP masking[upraviť]

14:19, 21. august 2019 (UTC)

The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just started[upraviť]

-- Kbrown (WMF) 17:14, 30. september 2019 (UTC)

Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements project[upraviť]

07:15, 16. október 2019 (UTC)

Community Wishlist 2020[upraviť]

Magic Wand Icon 229981 Color Flipped.svg

IFried (WMF) 19:30, 4. november 2019 (UTC)

Wiki Loves Folklore[upraviť]

WLL Subtitled Logo (transparent).svg

Hello Folks,

Wiki Loves Love is back again in 2020 iteration as Wiki Loves Folklore from 1 February, 2020 - 29 February, 2020. Join us to celebrate the local cultural heritage of your region with the theme of folklore in the international photography contest at Wikimedia Commons. Images, videos and audios representing different forms of folk cultures and new forms of heritage that haven’t otherwise been documented so far are welcome submissions in Wiki Loves Folklore. Learn more about the contest at Meta-Wiki and Commons.

Kind regards,
Wiki Loves Folklore International Team
— Tulsi Bhagat (contribs | talk)
sent using MediaWiki message delivery (diskusia) 06:15, 18. január 2020 (UTC)

Movement Learning and Leadership Development Project[upraviť]


The Wikimedia Foundation’s Community Development team is seeking to learn more about the way volunteers learn and develop into the many different roles that exist in the movement. Our goal is to build a movement informed framework that provides shared clarity and outlines accessible pathways on how to grow and develop skills within the movement. To this end, we are looking to speak with you, our community to learn about your journey as a Wikimedia volunteer. Whether you joined yesterday or have been here from the very start, we want to hear about the many ways volunteers join and contribute to our movement.

To learn more about the project, please visit the Meta page. If you are interested in participating in the project, please complete this simple Google form. Although we may not be able to speak to everyone who expresses interest, we encourage you to complete this short form if you are interested in participating!

-- LMiranda (WMF) (talk) 19:01, 22. január 2020 (UTC)

Wikisource Conference in Warsaw[upraviť]

Dear Wikisource Community,

Meeting the Wikisource community expectations, we are working with Wikimedia Polska and Wikimedia Foundation on organiziing the 2nd Wikisource Conference in Warsaw. We already had a survey that showed high interest in the Conference within the community. We also had recently a meeting on the conference organization process and its requirements. However, we are still at a very early stage of the Conference organization process. But we are hoping this event will happen in September this year.

In order to apply for Wikimedia Foundation support, we need some input from the community about the Conference goals and the community expectations. If you are a wikisourcian, you wish to participate the conference or you wish to help the Wikisource community that the conference take place, please fill the short survey linked below before January 29 (due to short deadline for grant applications). Please, also share this request among Your communities. Here is the link to the survey

Feel free to contact us, if you have any questions, suggestions, proposals, or if you wish to help us in any other way.

On behalf of the Organizing Commitee,

Nicolas Vigneron

Satdeep Gill


Additional interface for edit conflicts on talk pages[upraviť]

Sorry, for writing this text in English. If you could help to translate it, it would be appreciated.

You might know the new interface for edit conflicts (currently a beta feature). Now, Wikimedia Germany is designing an additional interface to solve edit conflicts on talk pages. This interface is shown to you when you write on a discussion page and another person writes a discussion post in the same line and saves it before you do. With this additional editing conflict interface you can adjust the order of the comments and edit your comment. We are inviting everyone to have a look at the planned feature. Let us know what you think on our central feedback page! -- For the Technical Wishes Team: Max Klemm (WMDE) 14:15, 26. február 2020 (UTC)